Friday, March 6, 2009

How Scary is this?

A mothers worst nightmare...So I'm cleaning my kitchen and I hear this kidda muffled cry, coming from like behind a closed door. The kids are at school and Bailee is in the dining room playing with games, or so I thought. She is at the annoying age where she actually wants to do stuff, feed herself, push her own stroller, run away, play on the swing set, brush her teeth, "comb" her hair, get her own snacks and yes, open doors. Hind sight is always 20/20, as we all well know, and if I could go back 2 years to when the builder asked if we wanted door "levers" or "knobs" I definitely would have chosen the latter. Now let me just say that we always keep the bathroom doors closed and I always keep the toilet seat down, not that it really matters anymore....
Thank Heavens she went in feet first. I know what your thinking and yes I was terrified but I couldn't pass up this opportunity to document such a thing. And if anyone out there knows how to "baby-proof" a door lever please feel free to comment...

3 comments:

Nicole Jaussi said...

How sad and scary, Holly. I think it's great you got a picture though. :) I have to say we've had a lot of crazy things at our house, but I've never had that happen. Knock on wood!

Roth Family said...

That is so "Bailee". I love that girl. Yes, thankful it was feet first.

Jamie said...

that is sooooo funny! Scarry, but seriously funny!